Monday, January 4, 2010

Food, Food, Food

I was invited by Jaen, an ex-colleague, for dinner at her house on Boxing Day. Lots of good food, but just could not remember the names of these starters, main courses, and desserts.

Anyway, having these pictures on this blog just to touch on the subject of food photography.

As these unedited images taken by a point-and-shoot Panasonic Lumix LX3 shows, they still looks pretty good. So, why bother with professional work taken with professional DSLR's?

Too bad I did not bring the big camera to take shots for comparison. But I will somehow highlight where it would be better to have 2nd and 3rd sources of light so as to paint a better picture of the great dishes.


This looks plain 2 dimensional. Better to have some light at the side and the distracting over-exposed part removed with controlled lighting.


With the other camera, I will probably open up the lens so that those rolls at the rear are 'blurred' more.


If I had taken care to remove the dish in the backgroud, then this would be alright.


Again, could be improved with better lighting


better lighting?


Oops, just off target. My fault.



No comments: